Buttonwood Campground’s plan mitigate the risks of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Green Phase
To ensure that Pennsylvanians have opportunities to safely enjoy outdoor recreation as a way to maintain positive physical and mental health, and in keeping with the commonwealth’s orders to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Governor Tom Wolf on June 5th announced that our county will be moving from the Yellow to Green Phase of the PA reopening. Starting on Friday, June 12, we will enter the Green Phase.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued guidance on visiting parks and recreational facilities. These guidelines must still be followed statewide by businesses and when engaging in outdoor activity while the state disaster declaration remains in effect. The guidelines will ensure the safety of individuals and families engaging in outdoor activities, and adherence will help slow the spread of COVID-19.
We will still be taking this pandemic seriously as we move through each phase. We will be following CDC guidance and other recommended guidelines to develop procedures that will help to mitigate risk. Anyone who chooses not to follow these rules and procedures will be asked to leave the park immediately.
Open Starting June 12
- Restrooms will be opened with extra cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- The store (See attached)
- Golf cart rentals will be available.
- Tubing (See attached)
- The pool (See attached)
- Playgrounds (See attached)
- Gaga Ball (See attached)
- Jumping Pillow (See attached)
- Pedal Carts (See attached)
- Miniature Golf (See attached)
- Gem Mine
- Water Wars
- Outside visitors will be allowed
- Dog Run
- Basketball court
Closed at this time
- Game room
- All organized activities and sports will be cancelled at this time.
- Laser Tag
- Recreation hall
Other Guidelines and restrictions
- Masks are required inside all public buildings
- We encourage campers to purchase groceries or other items in your local area before coming to our campground.
- We can allow multiple households to interact on the same site if they are still maintaining the recommended 6-foot distance between all households. Masks are encouraged to be worn even at this distance.
- Customers and staff will be required to wear a mask during any face-to-face interaction.
- Stay close to home: Pennsylvanians are encouraged to enjoy permitted outdoor recreational activities within their community and avoid crowding popular destinations.
- Practice social distancing: Maintain the recommended minimum 6 feet apart from fellow recreationists. Pennsylvanians are also encouraged to wear a mask or protective garment that covers their nose and mouth any time they go outside.
- Minimize risk to others: Individuals should only go out if they feel healthy and have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Practice good hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- Have a plan: Create a safety plan before heading outdoors. Explain to children the need to keep their distance from others, even if they happen to see a friend while outside.
“Practicing social distancing takes a little planning and patience but it is necessary if we want to continue to flatten the curve while ensuring that Pennsylvanians have opportunities to de-stress and get exercise,” Governor Wolf said. “Finding the balance between enjoying the outdoors and staying safe is only possible when all Pennsylvanians are abiding by the same precautions. It’s critical that all Pennsylvanians adhere to the safety guidelines to allow for these outdoor activities to remain available to the public.”
Check in Procedures and Options
- An escort will greet you at the gate and take you to your site if you do not know where you are going.
- The escort will give you a car tag with the gate code on the back, a map, and these guidelines.
- You have a few options for payment and check in:
- Call the office at 717-436-8334 to check in over the phone (leave a message if we do not answer)
- Come to the office and use the outside window while maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet from other guests
- Come in the office, wear a mask, and social distance from other guests
- Wristbands must be purchased at the office. All adults must sign the waiver and sign for any minors
- Other store items such as wood and ice may be ordered over the phone or from the office.