Reserve Today Banner
Camping, Canoeing, & Kayaking in the Juniata River Valley!
Camping, Canoeing, & Kayaking in the Juniata River Valley!
Announcements
Announcements
buttonwood campground logo Announcements

Announcement

Dear Guests,

With great sadness, we are postponing the campground opening date.  Opening day is now April 30, 2020. Two weeks prior to that date we will reassess the situation and postpone opening even further if needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.  If we feel it is necessary to postpone even further, we plan to do so in one or two week increments until this threat has diminished. We are carefully monitoring the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Our primary concern is in the health and safety of our guests, staff, and local community.

The office will continue to be fully closed until April 27 or longer if necessary.  If you need to reach us, please leave us a message or send us an email, and we will reply as soon as possible.  Someone will be checking messages periodically. Also, to lower the risk of spreading the virus, we are NOT allowing anyone on campground property from now until opening day without a scheduled appointment.  Appointments will be made on a case by case basis and only for pressing matters. Seasonal gate cards will NOT work during this time.  Please plan accordingly.  

Our cancellation policy for our transient campers is a full refund minus a $10 cancellation fee if a cancellation is requested at least 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled arrival date.  There is no fee if you choose to raincheck (change the dates of) your reservation more than 48 hours (2 days) before your scheduled arrival date. Normally rainchecks must be used during the same season as the original reservation dates.  However, due to these unprecedented times, for the immediate future we are allowing rainchecks to be moved to the 2021 season. Since our cancellation period is so short, we urge campers to wait before cancelling or taking a raincheck in hopes that the situation improves.  This policy remains in effect for dates past April 30, 2020.  

For transient reservations between April 16 and April 30, please do not inundate the office with calls.  We will be reaching out to each of you personally before your scheduled arrival date. You will have four options for your deposits.  (Option One) You can have a full refund without any cancellation fees. (Option Two) You can have the deposit moved to an existing reservation later in the season.  (Option Three) You can have your deposit moved to a raincheck to be used later in the 2020 season or in the 2021 season. (Option Four) You can have your reservation moved to the 2021 season for the same site on the same weekend.  We realize everyone will be affected by this terrible situation in which we find ourselves. I urge you to make the best decision for you and your family’s well-being. With that said, it would be much appreciated if you are able to take the second, third, or fourth option.  This would greatly help our business going forward. Also, if the weather remains decent in November, we are making plans to extend our season in the fall. If it is necessary to postpone the opening date even further than April 30, 2020, anyone with reservations in the postponement period will also have these options given to them one or two weeks prior to their arrival date.  We will reach out to you individually. All other cancellations will be done in accordance to our normal cancellation policy.  

For our seasonal campers, you will also have some options. Please do not inundate the office with calls.  We will be reaching out to each one of you personally within the next two weeks. We do not yet have the seasonal option details, but we will have something before the actual opening date.  These options may include an extended season in the fall, a prorated nightly rate reimbursed in credit, or possibly a prorated nightly rate reimbursed in cash. This will depend on how long this threat lasts.  We appreciate your patience while we come up with these options. We urge you to make the best decision for you and your family’s well-being. For those who are not paid in full, we still require your final seasonal payment by April 1, 2020.  Any payments received after April 1, 2020 will be charged the $25 late fee. If the full site payment is not received by April 15, 2020, you will forfeit your site for the season and any deposits made.

We still plan to start the 2021 seasonal waiting list on April 1, 2020 at 9:00 AM.  Unfortunately, with staffing layoffs we will not be in the office to take the calls.  Please leave a clear message stating your name, phone number, length of unit, date of manufacture, and required electrical amperage.  Your name will be put on the list as we take the messages. If you leave your message before 9:00 AM, you will be added to the end of the list after we get the messages that started at 9:00 AM.  During these unprecedented times, we are still trying to maintain some sort of order and give people equal opportunity to be higher on the list.  

Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this Coronavirus. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation.

In this climate, we know travel may not be your first thought, but we want you to know the safety of our guests, staff, and local community is our top priority. We want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in our campground as you plan for future travels. We are working diligently to ensure a safe and fun camping experience. Again, the safety of our guests, staff, and local community is our prime concern.

 

Thank you and stay healthy,

The McFarland Family and Staff

Kingdom Web Hosting | Here to Serve